Team RSB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team RSB

We Go First!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fusilier
Admin

In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers Empty
PostSubject: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/15/2010, 10:54 am

So I initially had aspirations to build sabers, but couldn't get my hands on a Faultroll or Fullhelm to save my life. Now it's Emmersblade that I can't seem to hold onto, Hyunlei loves me though.

But I still want to throw up a post TSHD build of Sabers with some of my own tech, and ideas of what will be good then.

Monsters : 20

3x XX-Saber Faultroll

3x XX-Saber Fullhelmknight
3x XX-Saber Emmersblade
2x XX-Saber Boggart Knight
2x XX-Saber Airbellum
2x XX-Saber Ragigura
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1x X-Saber Palomlo (TF4 name)
1x X-Saber Passuil (TF4 name)
1x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress

Spells : 10

3x Book of Moon
2x Saber Slash
1x Giant Trunade
1x One for One
1x Foolish Burial / Charge of the Light Brigade
1x Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps : 10

3x Gottom's Emergency Call
2x Dust Tornado
2x Dark Bribe
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Saber Hole

(wow, this is like the third or fourth deck I have build in a row with a 20-10-10 line-up...maybe it's time for Decree again...)

Anyway, this deck is very much geared against what I expect to be the meta; Sabers, Blackwings, and Infernities. That's why such staples as Brain, Mind, Mirror Force, Torrential, and Storm are missing. You'll be needing that room for the tech with the highest utility and for this upcoming format that is cards that are chainable. Not to mention you have to dodge Starlight Road -_- and while not running Road in this deck may seem like a bad call Bribe is going to be better in any matchup against Infernities. Obviously Road is better against the other two, but it does almost nothing to Infernities.

Well, let's hear from our Saber Masters now
Back to top Go down
https://ky-yugioh.forumotion.net
urahara

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/17/2010, 2:46 am

I like it. I do think that the charge of the light birgade/ foolish burial should be a foolish, i see it coming in wa more use than the charge. And allthough i agree that 3x saber hole is to much, i do believe saber slash should be maxed out. and why only 2 airbellum?
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/17/2010, 4:15 am

Saber Slash is at 2 to dodge some of the Starlight Road that will be around. At 2 you run a smaller chance of hitting one. Plus, it can be a dead card, and it's a horrible top deck in bad situations (for the most part.)

2 Airbellum is to help make room for the new Tuners and Boggart Knight. Plus without Rescue Cat mained running three isn't actually necessary
Back to top Go down
urahara

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/17/2010, 5:10 pm

Makes sense, but wouldn't youstill want to try and hit their hand with airbellum's effect? And i can see where the third slash could bog the deck down. Also me and Landon are finding out that most off the time a third Gottom's emerency call is to much, any thoughts on that?
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/17/2010, 5:43 pm

Hitting their hand with Aribellum is good, but it has to be a direct attack and with Mind/Brain being sided, that's going to to be a little bit harder to do. I guess if you really wanted to you could drop Lyla for him, but I really like her mill and kill ST

Three GEC is to play around and with Dust Tornado. If your opponent tries to go after it when you can activate it, great. If it's in your hand you can set it up with your own Dust. Dust is almost certainly going to be big, but we'll have more of an idea after the SJC this weekend
Back to top Go down
urahara

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/18/2010, 12:47 am

Ah I gets it, I see the true intentions for dust now. It seems realy cool, i thik i'll give it a try. But what do you think charge or foolish, which do you think should be played? I honestly think it chould be foolish.
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/18/2010, 9:12 am

If Lyla goes for the 3rd Airbellum then you want to run Foolish. Charge is little bit more risky, in the fact that you could mill no Sabers, or no Sabers that you need back. But a good Charge can single handedly turn a GEC into a live play, give you options for Ragigura and FHK, and give you a monster to play that almost certainly is going to cost your opponent a card and put more cards into your grave.

As a player guy I think Charge has much more utility, but Foolish has more synergy.

As a guy that knows you I think Foolish would be better for you and Landon, but I prefer Charge
Back to top Go down
urahara

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/18/2010, 2:30 pm

Thanks for the description on benifits for both. I will be using the lyla and charge idea at first but then later might switch to foolish. All in all i still think the Lyla would be better than the airbellum with the way it's built here, but maybe to side into more traditional sabers with the tech you need to beat whatever you maybe playing against.
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/23/2010, 11:11 am

Right, the side deck was always meant to be the key to winning with this deck.

The main is full of general answers and just a little bit of the true Saber support, once you know what you are playing you can pick what tech you need from deck ans side and fill the rest with more speed
Back to top Go down
urahara

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/26/2010, 1:07 am

after playong twith this deck for about a week now, i realize....boggart knight is useless in most cases that i used him except for and instant faultroll, othrewise he is totally not worth running in my opinion. not evern the 1900 atk is worth it. the sabers don't need to run it just bc of teh atk. also palmuro and pashuul are also not teh greatest, i see why they are common.....never used really either one in any match and the deck works to slow when i see them outside the grave. also when palmuro or whatever hits teh grave he never really comes out.
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/27/2010, 11:15 am

Maybe Boggart Knight and the two tuners didn't seem to be that good from your stand point. But I know there were many spots where Pashuul saved your butt.

Boggart Knight wil really have to be tested some more, and may even be dropped due to the new Dark Soul. But Pashuul is good
Back to top Go down
urahara

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime4/28/2010, 1:39 am

pashuul or whatever didn't save me that much. and yes darksoul should be a nice addition over the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers   In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In response to Danny Sabers : Eric Sabers
Page 1 of 1