Team RSB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team RSB

We Go First!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gravekeeper's : Eric Style

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fusilier
Admin

Gravekeeper's : Eric Style Empty
PostSubject: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime4/4/2010, 12:07 am

After seeing Brent's GK success today, I was inspired to through this up.

Monsters - 20

3x GK Visionary

3x GK Chief

3x GK Spy
3x GK Commandant
3x GK Descendant
2x Gk Guard
1x GK Assailant
1x Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
1x Morphing Jar

Spells - 12

3x Necrovalley
2x Gravekeeper's Stele
1x Brain Control
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Hand Destruction
1x Magical Dimension
1x Book of Moon
1x Lightning Vortex

Traps - 7

3x Rite of Spirit
2x Magician's Circle
1x Rivalry of Warlords
1x Mirror Force
1x Starlight Road

So...yeah...Magician's Circle summons Visionary...that's awesome

Last edited by fusilier on 4/4/2010, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ky-yugioh.forumotion.net
Mid-Boss

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime4/4/2010, 12:13 am

Not a huge fan of maxed out chief and maxed out descendant. I would drop one of each in favor of two more assailant. I don't see call being a huge help in here, so I would drop it and MST for another copy of circle and another copy magical dimension. Dimension has so many good plays in this deck. Actually, the only one I care about is the play where you chain dimension to their mass destruction and drop your visionary, letting it survive the destruction. And Like you said, Circle can get visionary.
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime4/4/2010, 12:26 am

I like maxing chief on some levels (good sized monster, replaces the tribute with any other GK from grave, makes great aggro turns with Visionary) but two could work better.

I LOVE Descendant. It's a card that you want to have around when you need it. It doesn't require Necrovalley which is a big plus. Assailant's effect is too good not to run, but not useful enough to run more than one, just make it an early Spy search.

As for extra Magical Dimension as you said, it's only really good play IS the visionary play, which isn't going to happen with it all that often. The one copy can act as both spot destruction and extra aggression.

I do think drop call of Circle is good call though, so I'm gonna make that happen now
Back to top Go down
lordsavage

lordsavage

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime4/4/2010, 7:53 pm

I think Giant Trunade and a second copy of Rivalry need to be in there. Too often at the tourney did I need trunade and not have it. And Rivalry is very pivotal to the power that is GK. As they are all spellcasters...except Gale, and most other decks we have seen run a mix of monsters Rivalry is too good to be kept at one.
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime4/5/2010, 8:44 pm

I guess you could easily drop MST for Trunade, but I'm not so sure about how to fit in the second Rivalry.

My original thought in running just one was that "Hey, some decks only run 1 type of monster" but those decks are few and far between. Any thoughts in what would be best to take out for the second copy?
Back to top Go down
lordsavage

lordsavage

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime5/10/2010, 5:37 pm

I was wondering if I should side a couple copies of Dark Coffin. It will activate when destroyed by heavy, Hynlei, Iccarus, Dust, MST, or anything that destroys S/T...

its an ok card, making opponent either discard a card or destroy one of their monsters...

what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime5/16/2010, 4:49 pm

No, we do not side deck Dark Coffin. It's harbl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's : Eric Style   Gravekeeper's : Eric Style I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gravekeeper's : Eric Style
Page 1 of 1