Team RSB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team RSB

We Go First!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flamvell Cat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mid-Boss

Flamvell Cat Empty
PostSubject: Flamvell Cat   Flamvell Cat I_icon_minitime3/11/2010, 2:18 am

[Monsters: 23]
3 X-Saber Airbellum
3 Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
3 Flamvell Firedog
3 Flamvell Magician
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Des Koala
1 Rescue Cat
1 Summoner Monk
1 Sangan
1 Tragoedia
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 Blackwing, Gale of the Whilrwind

[Spells: 13]
3 Book of Moon
2 Pot of Avarice
2 Rekindling
1 Cold Wave
1 Mind Control
1 Giant Trunade
1 Heavy Storm
1 Brain Control
1 My Body as a Shield

[Traps: 5]
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment

Build looks pretty good on paper, but I haven't tested it. I seriously want too because cat syncro was one of my favorite decks to play.
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

Flamvell Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamvell Cat   Flamvell Cat I_icon_minitime3/15/2010, 4:09 am

After playing about 3 matches against this deck i have come to a conclusion - it's good, but currently not better than tier 1.5 at best. It definately needs some work and i am of the opinion that it's recent regional success is due to people trying to play it what was expected to be a slower format against a deck that has the POTENTIAL to be as fast as this one.

That being said, it's speed isn't really that great until the late game when copies of Rekindling can turn into 1 or 2 synchros. Mega Hamster is really only a good opener, after the game gets going he's costing you tempo that you need to keep your advantage going. After turn one the deck really one has two goals : get discards with Airbellum and set up big Synchro plays. I'm gonna see if I can fine tune the deck a little bit more in that direction and see if it flows any better.

- 1 Mega Hamster: With its best use being an opener later copies don't really help that much. With two of these and two Ryko i think the deck will survive just fine.

- 1 Airbellum : Yeah, going through two of these when you need them both for the cat play is kinda gay, but it shouldn't happen all that often and three copies seemed to be clogging brent's hand with Tuners

- 1 Des Koala : You really only want to search this guy

- 1 Trag

- 1 Book of Moon

- 1 My Body as a Shield : With Starlight Road out it's a much better option than this, plus people will be running much less mass destruction because of the fear of having it negated and a free Stardust to boot

- 1 Torrential Tribute : Starlight Road for one, plus this deck keeps a big field.

Now for the adds

+ 1 Rekindling : It may hurt your early hands, but at worse it's a one for one

+ 1 D Prison : It's my new favorite tech.

+ 2 Burden of The Mighty : Allows fire dog to kill pretty much everything

+ 1 Mystic Tomato : Allows the deck to open better, and get going faster than Hamster does

+ 1 Gorz : Better than Trag

+ 1 Swords : Lets stall for time.

I also looked at other ham targets and Rinyan, Whirlwind Weasel, and DD Crazy Beast all look like they could be kinda sexy in here. Def could side the Crazies and the Weasel
Back to top Go down
https://ky-yugioh.forumotion.net

Flamvell Cat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team RSB :: Decks :: Tier 1 1/3-
Jump to: