Team RSB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team RSB

We Go First!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Machina? Good or bad?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fusilier
Admin

Machina? Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Machina? Good or bad?   Machina? Good or bad? I_icon_minitime3/6/2010, 12:33 pm

Most of you have seen the raw power of my new Machina based Machine deck, and after thinking about it at work last night I have thought of a few changes to make.

Monsters : 21

2x Machina Force

2x Cyber Dragon

3x Machina Gearframe
3x Scrap Recycler
3x Cyber Valley
2x Machina Peacekeeper
2x Red Gadget
2x Green Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget

Spells : 13

3x Machina Armored Unit
2x Soliarity
2x Book of Moon
1x Creature Swap
1x Limiter Removal
1x Machine Duplication
1x Heavy Storm
1x Brain Control
1x Pot of Avarice

Traps : 6

3x Roll Out!
1x Mirror Force
1x Dimensional Prison
1x Call of the Haunted

Extra Deck : 15

2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2x Chimeratech Overdragon
2x Cyber Twin Dragon
1x Cyber End Dragon
8x Other common Syncros

Side Deck : 15

Since at the moment I fear Oppression and Saber Hole as the biggest threats to this deck actually working, they'll be what I am currently teching against the hardest. Plus the obligatory Light Imprisoning Mirrors

3x Jinzo
2x Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive
1x Heavy Mech Support Platform
3x Fusilier Dragon the Duel Mode Beast

2x Rivalry of Warlords
1x Fairy Wind
3x Light Imprisoning Mirror

Expect this to change as the format progresses to a more stable state.

And because I'm still awake somehow I decided to describe some of my card choices and how I used my newly developed "100% good opening logic" to build the deck.

Deck Discussion

(If you haven't read Jason's "10 Numbers Every Duelist Should Know" go do it now. I'll be using material from it alot
http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?id=2363)

I decided that this deck should have "100%" good openings. Now I know that I will always have hands that consist of utter crap every now and then. But that's gonna happen as long as you include more than 5 cards that you don't ever wanna see together in your opening hand. Using Jason's 10 Numbers however, I have made a deck that should have more than 100% good openings.

Opening 1 : Machina Gearframe - 39% : As a card that I run 3 of I should open with Gearframe about 2 times out of every 5 games, or about once a match. His usual search will be for a Machina Fortress so that it is online as soon as I need it. His high attack and union abilities mean that he should be around to protect another monster on the next turn.

Opening 2 : Scrap Recycler and Roll Out! - 14 % : Running three copies of each of these cards may seem like overkill. But they both have uses for pretty much the entirety of the game. This opening plays Recycler, ditching Peacekeeper, and then sets Roll Out! for protection. If they attempt to kill Recycler you get to protect it with Roll Out! and that nets you a search (generally for Gearframe).

Opening 3 : Any Gadget and Machina Armored Unit - 22% (approx) : This opening is the beginning of some nuts as far as advantage gaining goes. Summon gadget, search gadget, gadget dies. Usually you'll step down the gadget line, but simetimes you'll want to get Peacekeeper or Scrap Recycler, depending on what you have set up for the next turn.

Opening 4 : Cyber Valley - 39% : The strength of the opening Cyber Valley is well known by now. Not my favorite opening, but one that is too good not to list as a perferred opening of the deck. And about 9.4% you'll get to open with Valley and Dupe/Brain. Then you have a seriously good play on your hands.

So, on paper, this deck opens well 114% of the time. Now we know that's not true (or even possible). But I like to think that an good opening percentage of greater that 100% will lead to about 85-95% good openings. Well we'll see

fusilier out!

you guys think i should clean this up some and give it to donny for his writer position?

Last edited by fusilier on 3/6/2010, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tired misspellings)
Back to top Go down
https://ky-yugioh.forumotion.net
lordsavage

lordsavage

PostSubject: Re: Machina? Good or bad?   Machina? Good or bad? I_icon_minitime3/6/2010, 12:51 pm

I think you need to clean up the Deck discussion a bit. As I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish with the 'opening' thingy. I understand the 39% thing cuz you are running 3 copies, but i don't understand how opening 2 or 3 are any good for the 100% good part. the precentage is too small to be viable ever.
Back to top Go down
fusilier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Machina? Good or bad?   Machina? Good or bad? I_icon_minitime3/6/2010, 12:56 pm

But they will happen. I added the %'s together since they are 4 separate cases. In a perfect world those percentages would hold true over 100 or 1000 games. And 14% isn't to bad. It's 1% less than chance to open with Heavy and we all know how often that happens

Here's a better example. It was the same chance as to open with Recharge/Charge or Whirlwind/Shura
Back to top Go down
https://ky-yugioh.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machina? Good or bad?   Machina? Good or bad? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machina? Good or bad?
Page 1 of 1